Thursday, February 6, 2014

Coca-Cola Big Game 2014 Commercial Ad

The first time I heard about this commercial and it's scandal was meanwhile I was skyping with one of my best friends. She immediately told me that people were going crazy on Twitter because of the different languages used to sing the song of this ad. People posted things as "I'm never going to have another Coke,""America is for English-speaking people only,""Nice to see that coke likes to sing an AMERICAN song in the terrorist's language. Way to go coke. You can leave America." Sincerely, this is what is wrong with people in America and many other countries. We are all part of the same planet, therefore we are all equal. America is also composed by three sections, North America, Central America and South America, which is something that Americans do not understand. As how they don't understand that America does not have an official language and if they would, it would be both english and spanish. I did not get offended by any of the comments even though I am an international student in the US. I just feel sorry for those people that do not understand diversity and its acceptance. Other than the scandal, I liked this ad because it gives the message that we are all one regardless the ethnicity, language, religion, race and sexual preference. 







No comments:

Post a Comment